EA Sports has released a separate game mode that matches this year’s 2018 World Cup last May 29th. For the 2006 and 2010 World Cup, EA Sports released their own game, but the players waited for years to release their own game in time for the 2014 World Cup.
In 2014, EA has released a WC Ultimate Team mode and include the Ultimate Team mode. This game mode is a complete game with its own tournament and other special features.
WHAT IS THE WORLD CUP MODE?
The World Cup mode is an extra game mode by EA in time with this year’s 2018 World Cup held in Russia. It has all the features of FIFA 18 except for “The Journey: Champions”. With the World Cup mode, you will be able to gain access to different national teams and play your own World Cup. FIFA 19 World Cup mode can get you to play with original national teams and their original jerseys. This is a big difference from the FIFA 18 normal mode where national team jerseys are not available. The jersey is just simple in design and bearing the sign of each nation.
In the World Cup mode, all the national players that have appeared or have been nominated since the 2014 World Cup will be included in the Squad of Nations.
PLAYER RATINGS AND ICONS
EA has included a total of 17 legendary football icons into the World Cup mode. The football icons include:
- Diego Maradona (Argentina, ZOM 97
- Gary Lineker (England, ST 92)
- Ronaldinho (Brazil, ZOM 91
- Deco (Portugal, ZM 90), 90
- Lothar Matthäus (Germany) , ZM 93)
- Miroslav Klose (Germany), ST 87
- Pele, ZOM (Brazil), 98
- Ronaldo, ST (Brazil), 94
- Hidetoshi, Nakata ZOM (Japan), 86
- Rui Costa, ZOM (Portugal), 90
- Bobby Moore, ZIV (England), 92
- Luis Hernandez, ST (Mexico), 90
- Carles Puyol, ZIV (Spain), 92
- Jay Jay Okocha, ZOM (Nigeria), 90
- Lew Yashin, TW (Russia / Soviet Union), 94
- Laurent Blanc, ZIV (France), 91
THE 2018 RUSSIA WORLD CUP STADIUMS
- Luzhniki Stadium 81,000 (Moscow)
- Saint Petersburg Stadium 68,000 (St. Petersburg)
- Fisht Stadium 47.659 (Sochi)
- Spartak Stadium 45.360 (Moscow)
- Kazan Arena 45,105 (Kazan)
- Volgograd Arena 45,000 (Volgograd)
- Nizhny Novgorod Stadium 45,000 (Nizhny Novgorod)
- Rostov-Arena 45,000 (Rostov-on-Don)
- Samara Arena 44,918 (Samara)
- Mordovia Arena 44.442 (Saransk)
- Jekatrinburg Arena 35.696 (Yekaterinburg)
- Kaliningrad Stadium 35,000 (Kaliningrad)